Propalms VDI is a Management and Connection Brokering solution for Virtual Desktop deployment across the enterprise.
Propalms VDI provides an end to end solution to virtual desktop and application delivery. Using Propalms VDI you can deliver virtual desktops to users, deliver applications to virtual desktops, automate tasks inside virtual desktops and have full monitoring and management control from a central management console.
The VDI connection broker provides hypervisor independence and currently supports hypervisors including VMware vSphere ESXi and vCenter, Parallels Virtuozzo Containers and KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) for Linux.
- Simple Management: Using the management console, admins can schedule virtual desktop creation, assign desktops to users and groups, assign applications to desktops or users, manage and monitor active users and perform desktop management via a simple to use interface.
- High Density VDI Solution: Propalms VDI supports Parallels Virtuozzo containers virtualization platform which can support a greater number of virtual desktops per hardware machine than hypervisor based solutions.
- Reuses Existing Virtualization Environment: Propalms VDI supports multiple virtualization platforms like VMware, KVM and Parallels Virtuozzo Containers providing the option of reusing existing infrastructure.
- Flexibility in Deployment of Hypervisors: Propalms VDI allows admins to finetune virtualization platform usage based on specific requirement by utilizing composite deployment.
- Extends Vendorís Native Management: Integration and automation of virtualization hosts management features..
- Desktop Pools: Administrator can pool virtual desktops from one or multiple virtualization hosts to apply similar settings to the member desktops.
- Automated Desktop Creation: Virtual Desktops can be created from VDI management console or they can be created whenever a new user logs in. Avoids the headache and time consuming process of pre-creating the desktops for all users.
- Flexible Destop Allocation: Propalms VDI provides highly flexible desktop allocation policies. A single desktop pool can be shared between users from different roles or OUs or even devices part of specified subnets. A single group, OU or set of devices can be assigned multiple desktop pools. The persistence of the machines assigned to the users can be set to temporary or permanent. A temporary fallback machine is made available to the user if the user's permanent machine is not available.
- Application Delivery: Propalms VDI solution make use of Parallels's built in application delivery solution to deliver applications to virtual desktops. The applications on the virtual desktops can be made available based on the role of the user or based on the connecting device network parameters. Applications on the virtual desktops can be assigned and unassigned dynamically without requiring user intervention..
- Desktop Power Management: Propalms connection broker monitors the usage of virtual desktops and turn off the desktops which are found idle for specified period of time, thus increasing efficiency of the virtual infrastructure..
- Auditing and Reporting: User authentication, access and administrator change logs.
- VDI Web Portal: Web based access to Virtual Desktops.
- Client Support: Users can use the Propalms VDI desktop client to login to get access to their virtual desktop. Propalms VDI client supports Windows, Linux and MAC OS X platforms..